Andrew Rudd's Mascarpone and Ricotta Cheesecake
- 200g Digestive Biscuits
- 90g Butter
- Pinch of ground Cinnamon
- 250ml Ricotta Cheese
- 250ml Mascarpone Cheese
- 200ml Philadelphia (Full Fat Soft Cheese) (This is optional)
- 350ml Double Cream, whipped
- 75g Caster Sugar, or to desired taste
- 1 tblsp vanilla extract
- Gelatine (10 sheets for 1000ml liquid) or 5 tsp powered Gelatine
- 50g Oreo biscuits.
Prep Time: 20 minutes. Chilling Time: Overnight.
- Prepare a 20cm (8in) diameter spring-form tin. Butter the sides of the tin.
- Mix together the crust ingredients in a food processor: Biscuits, butter, and Cinnamon. Dispense into tin and firmly press down to compact base.
Refrigerate for 1 hour
- Dissolve the gelatine, as per pack instructions. Normally over low heat, without boiling, until it turns liquid and clear. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the Ricotta, Mascarpone, Philadelphia and caster sugar in a food processor and blend until creamy. Add the gelatine mixture and fold in the whipped cream.
- Crumble the Oreo biscuits and mix gently. Spoon onto the biscuit base and refrigerate for 24 hours
- When it is cool, remove from tin onto serving plate. Dust with cocoa powder or icing sugar.